Tuesday, November 29

Christmas is Here!

This year we visited a tree farm near our very first home up in Arlington, WA. It was raining. But it was awesome. We got a wonderful tree and a great photo for the Christmas card this year! 

The mister and I were reminiscing on the way home about our very first Christmas together. He didn't see the importance of having a tree for just the two of us. I wanted him to want to get one for me without actually saying, "Babe, I want you to get a tree for me." This story ended with me scrounging up a couple of evergreen branches and hanging them from the ceiling, intended to be an "I'll show him" moment (obviously, I do not shine in this walk through nostalgia). His reaction? "Whoa, what an awesome idea! We should hang branches from the ceiling every year!" Alas, not what I was hoping for. Glad to say, we smile thinking about that first Christmas together. Two kiddos later, it just gets sweeter every year. 




This year, with the girls at a great age to enjoy the whole process, was one of the best yet. We found a sprightly little tree and enjoyed some Five Guys before heading home. Hope you all enjoy your tree gathering experiences, too!

Merry Christmas from all of us!

6 comments:

  1. love the pic. Is it your new Christmas card?? Would love a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day, thanks for sharing. I love the family picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pic! We are sure going to miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest picture EVER! Did you take it yourselves with a tripod? It looks really good! And I love the home made sign:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks Joan! That is big praise coming from you, my friend! Yeah, a tripod. I was just tickled at how well the girls did. This is the first shot we took. So glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete