The Living Room Make-Over Reveal


Whaa Bam! Check out our saaaweeeet new living room (aka library, aka music room, aka the middle part of the kid's .002 mile loop). Kind of awesome, huh?

Ok, ok...that's not our living room. Did I fool ya? (Joan, I know I didn't fool you for a second). Photoshop helped me out a little. Truth: it is our living room, and those are my cuter-than-pie kiddos, but that is not our shelving unit, and I have not painted the walls up in here. 

This is just the plan, my friends. All right, let's be serious...it more like a five year plan.

And this...
...is the sweet reality. Shelving units, shmelving units! Those kids are the best accessories a momma could have! Can I get a whoop whoop!?!? Double fist bump! 

Oh, and hello Mr. Beige Wall, you sly fox. Fancy seeing you again...and again.

Seems like a long way to go, but really, it's just several hours of manual labor, lots of saw dust, one wall of built-ins, and a bucket of paint. Oh, and some cash-ola. Can't forget the cash-ola.

Sometimes when I get an idea in my head for room colors or building projects which require lots of time and money, I like to use Photoshop to give it a dry run. That way I can test is out before doing anything too committal. It also helps the others in the house catch the vision. Anyone else do this? 

I'm thinking of going dark in this room, which feels a little risky to me. But with all the light furniture and curtains, and also being right off the bright schoolroom, I think it'll fly. I haven't done dark walls since our first house when I went all crazy lady on every single wall (I'm talking dark brown, bright green, and something akin to the color of Jiffy's Peanut Butter).  

Here is the view from the opposite direction. The front door is just across from those stairs. The den with the fireplace is on the other side down there. The two-living room-thing is kind of odd to me. I feel overwhelmed every time I have to decide in which room to drink my coffee. 

I have no idea when I will get around to painting, or when the mister will make the shelves. But dreaming about it is fun, planning it is fun, and looking at fake pictures of our future room is super-duper fun!

Comments

  1. There nothing wrong with dreaming your good old Dad does it all the
    time. It take time and cash ola to turn into a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Buddha Shrine was a dead give away that it wasn't yours. I love your idea of shelving and a dark color for the room. It looks homey the way it is with the girls the center piece! Hugs from Aunt Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that was pretty confusing.......I was thinking, "What is up with the Buddha statue?" "I don't see her Harry Potter collection, or her Shakespeare, but man, those look like her kids?!?" Thanks for the clarification...lol. Don't be afraid about returning to the dark side, you underestimate the power of the dark side. My kitchen is now a dark brown to offset my ugly white cabinets and all of the light that comes in from the glass doors. Ok, I need to get back to potty training. This was a nice "mini vacation moment"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Too funny! Your kitchen will be my muse! :o) If I come over to the dark side, will come out to see it in person???? Hint Hint!

      Potty Training...you go girl!

      Delete
  4. Ha! I didn't get a chance to look at it before I saw the comments. SPOILER ALERT! The first thing I thought was "Dang, that girl pulls a room together FAST!" Nice Photoshop skilz:D I dig the built-ins! And the rug... Where did you get it? I need a new rug. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat rug is from IKEA, and it was only 99 bucks! We love it. It cleans up very easily and holds up nicely. you should get it, then we could be rug buddies!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts