Kitchen Headboard Revamp

One day last year the mister came home with a headboard. Just walked into the kitchen, rather proud of himself, and said, "Look what I found at the thrift store!" A normal wife in a normal home would have been rather confused and surprised, having had no conversations about said headboard previous to this moment. But, knowing the man I married, I knew he was ten steps ahead of me and already had a detailed plan for this big guy. I turned back around and continued making dinner, saying, "That's nice babe. Whatcha gonna do with it?" He preceded to explain he was going to build me a built-in kitchen eat-around, and the headboard would be the perfect back for the longest part of the bench. "Sounds great!" I said, knowing he would make it spectacular. And it was. Spectacular. A little white paint here, a little distressing there, and...I loved it immensely! 



Almost immediately the mister started talking about how I should put some padding in the four openings in the headboard. Almost immediately I started coming up with reasons I was not qualified to do such a thing (like being qualified in this house has EVER been a consideration before). My upholstering skills are rather limited, and it seemed like a big hassle. I am not sure why I was dogged in my determination NOT to do this project. So, the mister would mention it ever few months, and I would raise my brows and sidestepped the topic with my elusive samurai skills. 

After two days of being home from the war zone, the mister decided it was time to jump in and do some projects of his own. He contemplated the fence across the backyard, and even drew up some plans for the DIY sofas we intend to build. But neither project was quick or easy. 

It's like a drug, being a home owner. Wanting to make your space the best it can be in a dime. At least, that is how we see it. We aren't going to break the bank, but if we can find the tools around the house to make an improvement, we are both ready to go! After scavenging the shed, the mister came back with some foam from an old chair I intended going to give away, and some left over fabric from a previous project. 

Here is what the next half hour looked like at the Hickok house: 











FINISHED PRODUCT






Comments

  1. It looks great! I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i borrow the mister? i have some unfinished projects here at the higlig house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Love it Love it....very very much ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW!!!!I love it!!! LOVE it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The man is always right! I love it too!

    Gale, it may be a long while before I can give him up to anyone else. But, if you want all the ladies to tag along, count us in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I would love that pattern at my house too! :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is super cool! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute....the fabric looks great with the rest of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts