Tuesday, May 17

Patio Curtains

Last summer my friend, Aisha, the mister, and I threw a "Going Away, Please Don't Leave Us!" Party for our closest friends, Beth and Bill. Beth has amazing taste in style and decorating, and I really wanted to make it a memorable day for her and her mister. 

I remember seeing these mosquito-netting curtains at IKEA, two panels for five bucks! So, I thought they would be beautiful on the patio, with little orange embellishments on the bottom to weigh them down a bit. Mom sewed them up for me and we hung them with some fishing wire and hook screws for easy removal and little hardware needed. They seemed to be a big hit. The best part is, at night, we turn the lights on and close the curtains. Keeps those pesky critters OUT! Great for coffee on the back porch!

I was sad to take them down at the end of summer last year. With Lily's party this Saturday, I thought it would be a nice treat to hang them back up, and officially declare to the world, 
"LET SUMMER COMMENCE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE?"






As you can see, I haven't painted my table set yet. I did buy the paint and am ready to begin, but it may not be done for Saturday. Oh well! Lily won't care one lick!



I am throwing in a picture of our lilacs. We accidentally (cringe) cut them down when we first moved in last winter. Glad they are so rebellious and decided to come back again!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful addition. Quite a nice setup you have there. Can't wait (hope hope) to see it all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I love it! I think by summer, your patio is going to be magazine-photo ready!

    ReplyDelete