Fabric Tape, Who Knew?

When we first moved into our home about a year ago, the mister and I decided to go ahead and really make it our own. We like fun, playful rooms, with splashes of the unexpected. So when I found a cheap-o chandelier on Craigslist for $20, I jumped for joy at the prospect of painting it.

Originally, I was just going to paint it black or some bronzy sheen. When at Home Depot looking at spray paints, the mister was sold on the bright orange. I remember haggling with him, trying to get him to pick something a little less crazy. He won out. Shocker. Anywho, when we got home that night, he promptly strung the light up outside and began painting the heck out of it. There are a lot of angles to cover on a two tiered chandelier. After two coats of spray paint, the masterpiece was completed. I fell in love. Loved it more than I thought I would.

There were some naysayers along the way. But as our house has evolved, that chandelier looks more and more at home in our place. My only beef with the lovely lady, were the dark ugly rings directly under the bulbs. There was about a half inch were the bulb holders had been taped off and so were left unpainted.


Well, all that as way of background (thank you JZ, again), I found a cute little Etsy shop called Kawaii Goodies last week. She sells some stellar fabric tapes. I picked one out and it arrived today! Woohoo! I got a yard of tape for $3.50, more than enough to cover those little dark rings. I am very happy with the results.


Comments

Popular Posts