Pretty Views This Morning (A Random Unpublished Post from Five Years Ago)


Sometimes, when all the little peoples' worlds align, there are a few small moments that will gather before a storm rushes in again. Currently, the toddler is tinkering upstairs in her room, the baby is down for her morning nap, the bigs are working away in the schoolroom with Grandma, and I find myself with a spare moment squashed between to need to attack laundry and dirty dishes.
 Just sitting here sipping my coffee, under no dilution that this is a luxury indeed.


Since it's still morning, the ground floor has not been under steady attack and keeps the illusion of happy manners and tidiness. These same views will be changed by this evening when the shorties thunder down and rip through here with all their energy and force, whipping my hair about my face and daring me to loose my cool and raise some hella (as my sister would say).


At this moment I can hear papers softly shuffling around the corner. Adelaide sounding out her words. Slowly, making each sound touch the other. Lily offers unsolicited advice while avoiding her own spelling practice. Something sharp is banging around in Mag's room (she is probably gleefully bludgeoning an innocent toy beyond repair). No one is fighting, no one is running, no one is needing a diaper changed, or a nose wiped, or a snack made (for the third time). 

I think I will sit here  longer, ignoring the imminent chores and dirty floors, and just marinate in the hush. 


Comments

Popular Posts